Saturday, August 14, 2010

Some Forgotten Lessons On Marketing

An experienced and successful marketer wrote an article about some of the "forgotten" aspects of marketing. It applies both to online marketing as well as "bricks & mortar" businesses. I felt it was a good time for reminding us that not everything revolves around the "usual suspects".

If you find this article helpful, feel free to leave your remarks below. If you can add to what Mr. Slidell had to say, we'd welcome your feedback as well.

Internet Marketing A New Twist

by Reed Slidell

I've got some experience in the internet marketing world and there are a few things that helped my business grow and expand. The first thing was my ability to network with others. I started going to seminars. I've been to about 200 but I stopped going to them around 2001 or 2002. I'd attend a few but was out of it. Then a few years ago I started going to them again. I can't tell you how many people you can meet going to these functions.

One day the phone rang and it was someone that remembered me from a seminar. He said he was the owner of a mailing list that had 50,000 people on it. He wanted to introduce my product line to the people on his list. At first I didn't recall who he was. That's when I learned from talking to him a little bit that we met at a seminar. When you're at seminars, networking is a very powerful thing. Ever wonder how to get someone to be your affiliate?

The most important things are that that a person has to like you. You have to be honest, straight forward and very creative. The conversation between you and the person has to be good. The numbers have to work. But I can't over emphasis that they have to like you.

If someone likes you they are more willing to do something for you. People usually like the people that they network with. Those that want to get out there and share. These are important things for me and I can't stress how good it was to get back out and socialize in these networks at these seminars. If you look you can find some really good seminars.

$500 to $1000 is a lot to pay for a seminar and sometimes you might run into one that isn't really that great, but you can still learn a great deal from them. Look at the offers that are on the table. How are other people being drawn to what is for sale. What kind of offer is that person making? How is the transaction being done? These are all very important points.

Bring up the subject of email as well, have you ever took the time to read your spam? What about those pop-ups that you see on other websites. You can learn a lot by observing these two things. What is the ad copy like? This is forceful intelligence.

Take some time and look at the competition and learn how to talk to other people. I have some people in my network that I can rattle off a sales letter and get some good feedback from them. When it comes time to selling my product these people want to be my affiliate and sell the stuff I'm selling to their list.

It's all about internet marketing.

(http://www.theseomethod.com/learn-seo.php) Learn SEO By Reading Our Free Blog Articles Visit Our Website: (http://www.theseomethod.com/) http://www.theseomethod.com/

No comments: